Black Woman. . .Are You Running Wild?

By Unknown - Friday, December 29, 2017

Have you closed your eyes when the wind touches your skin - or heard the snap of a bird’s wing overhead?
When was the last time you held your hands over your heart and felt the thump in your chest?
Have you danced in a blissful joy yet? Played in your hair - or to glance up in shyness? Stayed in the embraced of a strong man's arms - just stayed there, and warmed your cheek with his chest?
Are you free? - running wild in a world filled with stagnation.
I’d take you by the hand and lead you out under the moonlight, I’d make you a wreath for your hair, and we’d dance and spin until we were dizzy.
We would lay in the grass and listen to the nightscape - point to the night sky as we would imagine things that never were.
I’d do anything if it meant it’d set your free.
A star child running wild in a world filled with stagnation.
Because if no one else would, I’d offer you the joy I have in my heart.
The tenderness of sincerity, and a reflection of peace to keep you warm.
We’d sing out of tune until we were simple in a fashion.
See, cause we are all we got. . .
Let’s go to the forest and climb the rocks, and leap over the fallen trees. Have lunch next to a stream, and be. . .
Your eyes are filled with stardust and as a sister, I hope to resurface that radiance within you. In a world filled with stagnation.
Let’s usher the children outside and prepare and meal.
Talk about that time “he” did that thing that made you weak and laugh about it.
All this hoping my sistership will set you free.
Let’s do some yoga or meditate with crystals in our hands, setting our intention to be of clarity - prosperity.
When you cry, my heart aches, and when you hurt - a piece of me is broken too.
And if there is no one to do it, I will be the gardener for you.
Nourish you with all the things I’ve experienced.
Tend to your spiritual flower bud - enriching the earth that is your womb.
And I’d care for you - in the way the bird assists the rhino - or the urchin to the rock, I‘d be there for you without want.
Cause I am running wild in a world filled with stagnation and I refused to deny my heart!
“There is a sad sort of love in your eyes, a pale blue.” And how can one see it’s depth without meeting hell?
Cause, you are a part of me, and I’d do whatever is needed to free you.
share my:
heart
my joy
my love
my mind
my patience
my compassion
even my man if needed
If all these things meant you’d be running wild . . . In a world filled with stagnation - come beat the drum with me!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments