Made Of Copper: a poem to men.

By Unknown - Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I look at you and see so much more than just a man. I see a light pulsing in the distance, a beacon. And as I watch, I wonder about the force it took to forge you. I wonder about how many elements it took, the time, the pressure, the cause and its reaction. That mosaic soul made of copper - molded and sculpted into the form which you are the result

How long did it take to refine you into this being? As I said before,

“ When I think of you, I think of most royal shades of purple and blue.”

What wax did they use to polish your skin? What thread did they use to stitch you hair? What star did they pluck from the black abyss to create your mind?

And when all your broken pieces fall, and when you are wandering, and then, when you are wading - I still see your aura. The warmth of your glow has me magnitised. I SEE you, and feel your presence no matter how far. I’d bend space and time to have our fingers touch, to ascend beside you. To trace the sky with a simple imprint of you and I.

That man over there - made of copper, he knows not the magnitude of his spirit. And all I want is to see him shine, to feel the echo of his heart, to map his body with my fingertips and dive deep into soul. Ascend and evolve as moments tick by, making every second better than the one just before. I’d lose count of how many ways I try to make you smile. I’d lose perception of how many times we’d redefine life and LIVE in it.

In my thoughts you remind me of words like: be, am, are, our, will, can, do.

That man over there - made of copper, he knows not his magnitude, and all I can do is be reminded that you are 1 in 400 trillion. You are so rare, so selectively unique - I am taken back by how your aura (from it’s distance) has affected me.

That MAN - made of copper, African man - you are infinitely exquisite.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments